References: Ezekiel 22:30; Psalm 30:5; Daniel 12:1-4;
I. THE FATHER IS SITTING ON THE THRONE OF HEAVEN.
II. WE ARE REMINDED OF JUDGMENT COMING AND OUR REDEMPTION.
III. THERE WILL BE CHAOS ON EARTH UNLIKE ANY EVENT EVER.
IV. REMEMBER HIM WHO SITS AT THE FATHER’S RIGHT HAND.
I. The Father on the Throne (v. 1).
A. He has had a plan and is working it daily in this universe.
1. The sealed book contains the plans of God of things to come.
B. It is a wise thing to follow His plans in our own lives.
C. Let’s compare Daniel 12:1-4.
II. Searching for a Man to Open the Book (vv. 1-2).
“And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.” Ezekiel 22:30
A. How much more is man unworthy before the throne of God, without redemption.
B. None is found who are worthy; that is; without sin, fault; NONE.
III. Who is Worthy, Found Worthy to Open the Book (v. 3).
A. The heart of man is deceitful above all things.
“The heart deceitful above all, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9
B. All of mankind has sinned and are unworthy of such an endeavor.
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one…” Rom 3:10
“…For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God…” Rom. 3:23
IV. Weeping May Endure for a Night, But Joy Comes in the Morning (v. 4).
“For His anger a moment; in His favour life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy in the morning.” Psalm 30:5
A. The weeping of John is the result of a holy heart, a desire for the righteous, and to see justice done on the earth.
B. The book reveals the holy character of God, His Divine love and grace, His compassion for all who are His.
C. Four things that would happen if no one was found worthy to open the book…
1. All Old Testament prophecies of the Christ earthly reign would be voided;
2. Creation would remain under the curse of the fall of man;
3. The kingdom would never be restored to Israel;
4. The Bible would not be true – trustworthy;
D. If none of those were in affect, then there would be no salvation for any.
E. We are, however, not without a Redeemer – who is Jesus the Christ; the Lamb of God who came to take away the sin of the world (John 1:29)
1. The Father who sits on the throne knows full well what lies in store.
2. The is a Man in Heaven who is the Lamb of God… Next weeks message.
3. Our Redeemer is Jesus the Christ.
4. The book will soon be opened and Israel, along with a wicked world will be tried, many will be redeemed, and many will die.
5. Let us who are the saved, the redeemed today, be ever vigilant to live for Christ, and honor and glorify His name.